Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cheating

Thanks everyone for your responses. I loved all your tips and info on auto focus. I'm using my lack of auto focus points as one small reason I need a new camera. Mine are only in straight up and down lines (like a cross) I'd love at least 4 more to cover the corners of the frame! Melissa- I am SO excited to try back button auto focus :) and Trisha thanks for Courtney's link on changing your focal point. I thought I'd repost it here for anyone else who is interested. http://www.clickitupanotch.com/2010/09/changing-your-focal-point/

Guys, I totally did pick up my camera today. Once. And I took about 4 crappy pictures of the snow that was coming down in sheets. They were TERRIBLE. So I'm sorry to declare I'm cheating and putting up TWO three! pictures from this past weekend. I figured if I was going to break one rule, I might as well break them all :) 

 The first is one from our walk on Monday that was trumped by the cool heart tracks in the street. I love these two together.


On Sunday Jackson brought his snow boots to me and insisted (in his own way) that I put them on him. He had a GREAT time stomping around the house in these cute mini boots that he has yet to wear in acutal snow. He lifted his legs high to make sure he could clear each step. It was TOO cute. This is the picture that actually prompted that auto focus point selection question. As you can see, it's not focused quite right.

The problem: I chased followed him from one side of our small main floor to the other. One side is very dark with no natural light, and the other is near our big floor to ceiling windows in the back of the house which give off beautiful light. It was so frustrating trying to change my settings back and forth as well as my focal point. He was standing, he was stomping, he was squatting; he was ALL over the place! I was disappointed with my pictures and didn't feel like I got 'The Shot'. Lesson learned. Next time I'll set the camera for one area of the house and stay there until he comes back, which he inevitably does. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the first one and the boots are too cute!

Tracy said...

Not sure about the other 365 Projects you are involved with, but it's not cheating in our group! :) Love the walk one.

Carrie said...

Awww, so adorable! BTW, I'm still clueless about this focus point stuff. You might have to give me the dumbed down version in March.

hipchicagomom said...

I m OK ih auto focus; my problem lies in trying to tie in the shutter speed, f stop, and ISO *with* the focus...Gar.

Your photos are great! I love the cloth nappies. :)

hipchicagomom said...

Sorry, my keyboard has a mind of it's own. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your photos! That first one is amazing.

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, that first one is A-DOR-A -BLE!!!! Cheat all you want. My rule in this project is that there is NO RULES! hehe I think if we make rules we'll all go crazy by June! lol

Photography said...

Very sweet shots! I love tour tracks shots too! How cool :-)

kitten said...

Love the photos especially the last one... such a darling!

Courtney said...

I hope that post on changing your focal point helps! Definitely try out BBF!! I LOVE it!! I'm actually doing a post about that one in a few weeks as well :O) I don't think posting two pictures is cheating...maybe because I do it too he he

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Love that first shot - that is so cool.